Old July 21st 03, 12:32 AM
Ian White, G3SEK

William E. Sabin wrote:
W5DXP wrote:

William E. Sabin wrote:

If the transmission line input impedance is replaced with a lumped
LCR circuit, then confusion disappears and we have a conventional
problem in AC circuit analysis.

Yes! That principle of impedance substitution is so simple, so
fundamental, some people never notice it's there at all.

Some confusion disappears. Some additional confusion arises. It
should
be recognized that replacing a V/I impedance with an impedor is a shortcut
and doesn't necessarily represent reality. Math models certainly do not
control reality. For instance, ghosting is not the same in the two cases.
A TDR will not give the same results.

I give up.

Me too, Bill... I've been following this in the breaks from a hard
working weekend, but now the working week is about to start all over
again. Enough already.

Editor, 'The VHF/UHF DX Book'
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek