Old September 1st 07, 08:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Time to throw in the towel on HD Radio !

On Sep 1, 10:41 am, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,
D Peter Maus wrote:

Pete KE9OA wrote:
Perfectly put, Brenda. IBOC is the biggest joke that I have seen in a long
time. And they have the nerve to call it "high definition radio". As big a
joke as Windows Vista.

Pete

iBiquity specifically states that "HD" in "HD Radio" does not stand
for "High Definition." At one time, it stood for "Hybrid Digital," as
the intent was to make the transition to full time digital only
broadcasting.

Today, iBiquity claims "HD" stands for nothing....

Which, if you think about it.....

Snip

- I have though about it. It stands for High Distortion.
-
- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California

Telamon - Beyond the 10mv/m Contour "HD" stands for
the 'Hell & Damned' again Blinking Blue Light. ~ RHF