Old September 2nd 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default Photon vs Wave emissions from antennas?

On 2 Sep, 07:31, John Smith wrote:
art wrote:

Come on John Study Gauss and all becomes clear
Art

Clear?

Hmmm. Sure you don't strive to over simplify a bit? But, ok. When I
lay down a bar neodymium magnet, cover it with a sheet of paper and
sprinkle iron powder upon it, to see the lines of force--what are those
lines depicting? Are those photons? Are those waves? Are you
completely sure they are only of static properties--and some type of
movement is not occurring just outside my range of vision and ability to
measure? Are they contained within a media I cannot see and measure?

It is quite easy for me to generate those same lines of force with an
electric energies' flow though a conductor. And, the reverse is also
easy to accomplish, I can cause an electric energy to be generated by
moving a conductor though these lines of force.

I suspect, in the future, it will be easy to switch matter and energies'
states back in forth, with similar ease.

But, at this point, clear? Surely your vision is much better than my
own ...

And, if I am unable to get my mind completely wrapped around this
problem, to be able to claim I understand this with precision--how would
I suddenly be able to make claims about the much more complex?

But, if you have the time, enlighten me, what is gravities relationship
to magnetism? Is there a reason their properties share similar
characteristics/behaviors? Know of any "iron powder tricks" to allow me
to see gravities lines of force?

I think gauss is a link in a chain--not a complete answer in itself, and
a chain which is still missing links ...

Regards,
JS

John,
The moment one introduces equilibrium into the equation it
becomes a whole new ball game. I asked you to do something
with an antenna design, remember. Because therein
lies the clue to all this instead of talking around the houses.
Talking has proved nothing so try my way!
Today I am going to put my 160 meter antenna
onto the top of my tower so that I can try to get the impedance higher
tho it is useable at present on the ground.(Resonated at 20 ohms)
I made one for 80M and it was 60 ohms and the gain was undeniable.
I think only a 160M antenna will get believers so I will use one this
winter
on the bands. Yes I said bands (plural)
Nobody has done this before and I am sharing it with you.
In the next week or so I will attach it to a rotator
to see what the directional pattern is. (Actually I have two styles of
this
new antenna made).
If you did as I asked you may well have that next step that you talk
about.
Seeing is believing so why not take a look for your self.
Send me an Email if you hit a problem. I am sharing it with you purely
to put a lot of these experts in their place so you will have
what they can't have or want. You certainly will be closer to derive
the answer for yourself
Art