Old September 2nd 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Photon vs Wave emissions from antennas?

art wrote:

If you did as I asked you may well have that next step that you talk
about.
Seeing is believing so why not take a look for your self.
Art

Art:

Sorry, but that is/would not be easy for me at present. I have moved
into a smaller place. I am getting too old to maintain a large
yard/home, etc.--even my antenna experiments are on a shrinking scale.
Plus, I do more communications via IRC, instant messaging, email, news
posting, video chat, cell phone, etc. than I ever did on amateur bands
.... a sign of the times, perhaps.

I have been focused in a much different direction--small, stealth
antennas are the mode of the day here--I attempt to stay 10-100 watts,
just local traffic with a handful of friends.

Bought a new ford explorer and am not even going to bother moving the
rig to it, besides, I have to bring the antenna in if I park the car on
the street--cell phone is just too easy. Indeed, the XYL is favoring a
3 bedroom modular in a park with gated security--all cement--no yard--I
may end up giving in to her wishes. The new area we have moved into is
not without drug/gang/graffiti/ethnic-diversity problems--my own fault
(graffiti on the car/fence/house, tires slashed and windows smashed if
you leave the car outside at night, stabbing in a park just blocks away,
etc.) ... even the nicer areas of town are five bedrooms with five
different families of unknown ethnic origin occupying them--frequent
marijuana growing busts. :-(

Geesh, I have gotten old and the world has changed--my kingdom for a few
good neighbors ... at least at this location I have high speed DSL!
(was using clearwire at old place and signal was poor, I had to "hack"
the clearwire modem for an external antenna)

I will be looking forward for any information about your endeavors ...

Regards,
JS