Old September 4th 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Roadie Roadie is offline

Default Re-Listed : FA Kenwood R-5000 Pristine w/VHF

On Sep 4, 8:15 am, RHF wrote:
On Sep 4, 5:02 am, Roadie wrote:

On Sep 2, 3:45 am, RHF wrote:

On Aug 26, 10:47 pm, RHF wrote:

= = = On Aug 26, 9:11 am, dxace1 wrote:

-http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270159086992

DX Ace # 1

Nice lookingKenwoodR-5000Receiver with the
hard to findKenwoodVC-20 VHF Converter.http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ270159086992

But currently there is anotherKenwoodR-5000Receiver
also with the hard to findKenwoodVC-20 VHF Converter
on eBay at this time too . . .

Plus there are two moreKenwoodR-5000Receivers
listed on eBay at this time also.

FWIW - I Posted your eBay Auction and the rest to
theKenwoodR-5000Receiver Group on YAHOO !http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kenwood-r5000/

~ RHF
.
.
. .

-FYI- The nice looking Kenwood R-5000 Receiver
with the Kenwood VC-20 VHF Converter instaledhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270161485883
HAS BEEN RE-LISTED with a lower BIN Price ~ RHF

The new BIN price, which is probably also the reserve price is still
too high. Looks like an early retirement plan has been put on hold.- Hide quoted text -

Roadie,

Seller states "the reserve on this had to be set
at what I consider to be a more than reasonable
level ABOVE $600."

Open Bid $400 Reserve Price $600+ BIN $800

The math is more likely: Open bid = $400 BIN Price $800 = Reserve
price

If his new reserve price is $800 that would certainly be ABOVE $600

But the point is still that a Kenwood R5000 with an extremely limited
coverage VHF adaptor is not worth much more than the price of the
receiver with the optional AM wide filter installed.

~ RHF