Old September 5th 07, 06:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default Re-Listed : FA Kenwood R-5000 Pristine w/VHF

Roadie wrote:
The new BIN price, which is probably also the reserve price is still
too high. Looks like an early retirement plan has been put on hold.

I'm not in the U.S., but isn't that false advertising? If it is listed
with a minimum bid of $400, if I bid $400 and was the only bidder,
will I get the radio?

If not, IMHO that's false advertising. Since there is a hidden reserve,
you can't read his ad and determine the price. What if you went into a
store and they had the same deal? His ad states that you can bid $400
and have a chance of owning the radio, which is not true.

I know it's an eBay standard. But is it legal?

Someone in the U.S. should complain to the Federal Trade Commission,
and the consumer action groups.

Geoff.
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/