Old September 8th 07, 12:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Doe John Doe is offline

Default Substitute wire in Trap?

"Tam/WB2TT" wrote in message
. ..

"Clayton" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,
I am replacing the wire in a trap on my 3 element Tri-Band beam
antenna...
The wire is 25 turns of approximately 10 gauge on a 1.210 inch form
diameter, with a coil length of 3 inches(these numbers are
approximate).
I am unable to get the exact gauge(10 AWG) of wire and was wondering
if there would be any adverse effects in using a slightly smaller
gauge wire in place of it,say 12 gauge or so...?

Any help with this would be greatly Appreciated
Thank You

Do you want to explain why you are replacing the wire?

Tam/WB2TT

I have found that most electrical supply houses carry 10 ga solid wire..
probably covered - so that you would have to strip off the jacket..
73's Howard W3CQH