Old September 8th 07, 06:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Joey[_2_] Joey[_2_] is offline

Default Dipole IN a rain gutter..

Our vacation house has about 75 of plastic rain gutters on 3 sides of
the flat roof at about 20 feet up (2 story). I was thinking about
laying a 40m dipole in there with no connection to anything on the
house. The only question I have is, is that there is a 2" strip of
metal flashing about 8 inches above the gutter, for the length of it.
How bad do you think this would screw up a dipole that's essentially
parallel to it?
This station would be for emergency use primarily to talk with a
station about 85 miles away with mountains in between so it doesn't
need screaming dx performance... ground waves and cloud warming is all
that's necessary...

Joey