Old September 9th 07, 01:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Owen Duffy Owen Duffy is offline

Default Dipole IN a rain gutter..

Joey joey29034atyawwhodotcom wrote in
:

Thanks, I may just whip up a dipole and do that! Was also looking at
a RadioWavz Bazooka on 40m as well... dunno how that would compare
since it radiates differently... only one way to find out!

Wow, a miracle antenna. Their claims include:

Advantages:
* Broad bandwidth
* Almost unaffected by environment
* Positive gain with reference to a common dipole operating under the
same relative conditions up to 3.6 db
* Greatly attenuates harmonics(almost eliminates interference!!!
* Substantial decrease in static charge build-up
* Non-directional. (as a inverted V)
* Great for DX!!!

Can you believe that?

But wait, you wanted mo http://www.radiowavz.com/html/bazookas.htm .

My study of a typical Double Bazooka antenna system at
http://www.vk1od.net/DoubleBazooka/index.htm indicates that although it
might have slightly greater VSWR bandwidth (FWIW), it has more loss than
a conventional dipole.

Though it is likely to be poorer, I doubt you would notice it... but why
go to the trouble and expense for something that is likely to be poorer?

Owen