Old September 9th 07, 05:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Owen Duffy Owen Duffy is offline

Default Dipole IN a rain gutter..

wrote in
ps.com:

On Sep 8, 7:09 pm, Owen Duffy wrote:
I believe Walter Maxwell also wrote an article about that a few years
back.

Walt did indeed write on the Double Bazooka. Ch 18 of Reflections II is
dedicated to the topic.

If I understand his discussion properly, Walt treats the coax stubs as pure
reactances, ie lossless. My analysis treats them as lossy transmission
lines, and the outcome will be different for that reason.

Further, my analysis treats the system as a system, and so captures the
effects of feed line loss, so it is more complete.

My article also models the cross-connected Double Bazooka which is supposed
by some to address the deficiencies of the Double Bazooka. The VSWR
bandwidth is greater, but at the expense of even higher stub loss.

Owen