Old September 10th 07, 08:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Whatever Happen To "Ian McFarland" of DX & SWL Digests ?

On Sep 9, 11:15 pm, "k9kz" wrote:
"RHF" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Sep 9, 1:14 pm, "k9kz" wrote:
"RHF" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Sep 9, 10:59 am, "k9kz" wrote:
"RHF" wrote in message

roups.com...
Radio Canada International (RCI) on 15325 MHz @ 20:45 UTC
- - - Heard on 6 September 2007

Reminds me of when I used to look forward to every Saturday

listening to
Larry Magne and Ian McFarland.

Bill

K9KZ - That was Long Ago and Far Away in Time. ~ RHF

Yeah, I don't even remember how long it's been.

Bill

Bill - Per Radio Canada International (RCI) :

"In late-1975, RCI adopted a new magazine format which incorporated
many of the previously separate programs into a single program.
http://www.rcinet.ca/rci/en/qui_historique_6.shtml
Among the programs which were left out of this consolidation were two
long-standing productions - the 'Radio Canada Shortwave Club' and
'Listeners Corner'."

~ RHF

Ian McFarland's program was DX Digest, I think. And previously it was SWL
Digest. Again I'm not positive that this is correct.

Bill

"Over the years, so many DX programs have bit the dust: Ian
McFarland's DX/SWL DIGEST from RCI,"
http://www.angelfire.com/ok/worldofradio/testimon.html
-source- World of Radio

"Thanks to Ian McFarland, I got to do weekly DX reports
on RCI's DX Digest, later SWL Digest."
http://www.cidx.ca/SF5Hauser.html
-source- Canadian International DX Club -circa- 1999

"Back in the 1980s, Ian McFarland's "Shortwave Listeners' Digest" on
Radio Canada International was the dominant communications program,
at
least among shortwave listeners in North America."
http://www.worldofradio.com/dxld4080.txt
-source- World of Radio

"RCI's popular SWL Digest program, which went off the air in March of
1991"
http://www.dxer.ca/content/view/40/78/

Bill - It would appear that you have the better memory ~ RHF

So the Question becomes . . .

Whatever Happen To Ian McFarland of DX & SWL Digests ?

"Some Thoughts from Ian, Finally !"
http://www.dxer.ca/content/view/44/78/
- - - Written by Ian McFarland
DXer Canada = http://www.dxer.ca/