Old September 10th 07, 10:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Frank Dresser Frank Dresser is offline

Default I don't know who developed DeOxit

"shaq" wrote in message
ps.com...

Oh, two things. Tried oleic and it cracked my RCA plastic connectors
after two weeks.

Thanks for the warning. Do you know what sort of plastic the connectors
had? The connectors I usually deal with are made with phenolics which are
resistant to most common chemicals. I'm not aware of any complaints posted
at rec.radio.antique+phono either.

What did you dilute the stuff with?

Won't use cease and desist stuff again - cost me
money and lots of time replacing my RCA sockets in my amp. Oh and
two, if you spent lots of money developing and trademarking a product
and someone came along and claimed they had the same product and
called it an "exact" replacement - I think you would get hopping mad.
CRC and LPS stuff work well as flushing stuff of parts, but Deoxit
always seems to make things better - has ALWAYS worked for me.

Mike

I have no idea what the development and trademark costs of DeOxit were, but
I know Caig is free to sell their product for whatever price they can get.
And Caig is doing the sensible thing in protecting their trademark.

Just consider how much Bayer lost when they didn't protect the Aspirin name!

Frank Dresser