Old September 11th 07, 10:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Bob Smith Bob Smith is offline

Default Can you identify this radio? - "Unknown Radio.jpg" 336.4 KBytes yEnc

I am about to give up identifying this radio. I have had it for several
years and have not ever seen another like it. It has no name or model on it.
The two tags on the rear only list patent numbers. I have looked in Riders 1
thru 14, Sams, and Beitman with no luck. I have also searched Ebay many
times as well as other sites on the net without success. The radio is a
superhet with the following tube line up: 6A7 converter, 6K7 IF amp, 6H6
detector, 6F5 first audio, Two 42's in parallel as audio outputs and 80
rectifier. The closest thing that I found was a sears 7171 in Riders 10-95.
The chassis layout for the 7171 is almost identical but with one less 42 and
a different IF amp. Sears didn't build their own sets and I would almost bet
that whoever built the 7171 also built the radio that I have.

Thanks in advance for any and all comments and info.

--
Bob Smith