Old September 12th 07, 06:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Phil B Phil B is offline

Default Can you identify this radio? - "Unknown Radio.jpg" 336.4 KBytes yEnc

The point is that yEnc is not a standard. It is only a defacto standard. I
was able to view the original post because I spent some effort a while ago
to find an add in for outlook express. It wasn't a fun experience. The
smaller transfer size offered by yEnc isn't significant in my oppinion,
especially with HS internet. Frequenters of this NG typically don't want to
fuss with gimmicky free software. We just want to click and view.

Phil B

"Dave Moorman" wrote in message
]...
In article ,
"Ken Doyle" wrote:

We don't do yEnc here.

Ken D.

Many, many people do yEnc, Ken. It shouldn't be hard to find software
which decodes it effortlessly. I use MT-Newswatcher on a Macintosh but
could use a number of other newsreaders and decode yEnc with no problem.
Given that there is so much more software available for PCs, there
shouldn't be any difficulty finding a newsreader that will decode it.
Forte Agent probably does.

Dave