Old September 12th 07, 07:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Reed Park Reed Park is offline

Default Can you identify this radio? - "Unknown Radio.jpg" 336.4 KBytes yEnc

GPS co-ordinates N 45 57.751 W 64 37.497
"Dave Moorman" wrote in message
]...
In article ,
"Ken Doyle" wrote:

We don't do yEnc here.

Ken D.

Many, many people do yEnc, Ken. It shouldn't be hard to find software
which decodes it effortlessly. I use MT-Newswatcher on a Macintosh but
could use a number of other newsreaders and decode yEnc with no problem.
Given that there is so much more software available for PCs, there
shouldn't be any difficulty finding a newsreader that will decode it.
Forte Agent probably does.

Dave

I have often wondered why. Why would someone post in yEnc, when only
a small percentage of people can view the image. Why not post in GIF
or in JPG when EVERYONE can view it.

No, I am not interested in reading all the comparisons of the good and evil
of yEnc. I am just a simple person, with simple wants and needs. Not
interested
in looking for software, download it and running it so that I too can view
yEnc.
I neither like it nor do I dislike it. I just don't use it.

I hope that this post will NOT start any flame wars.

Regards
Reed