Old September 13th 07, 02:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default icom 706 powering itself on and off

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have an ICOM 706 that is powering itself on an off. I recall
reading about this issue in the past but I neither recall the cause or
the correct terms to find it.

Does anyonehave any insight in this issue?

Keith
N3HGN

Ken,

Low voltage

RF in the "shack".

Two known issues with this radio. If the radio is remoted, check to see
that the little screw that fastens the remote cable is secured to the body
of the radio. This is VERY important! Make sure it is TIGHT. This will
shut the radio off as RF will get into it via the non-shielded cable
(without the little screw) if the screw is omitted or loose.

73

Jerry
K4KWH