Old September 14th 07, 12:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default Dreaming of a 'new' Panasonic RF-2200 Radio . . . Maybe Here It Is !

Dorpmuller wrote:

No thanks to screwbay, now you can't touch an RF-2200... at least I can't on
a disability income.

Be careful! Some here are going to accuse you of being on welfare.

Damned collectors ruin it for the little guy. rage

I wouldn't be so quick to jump on a Tecsun, remember the Grundig 800 was
made by Tecsun and the quality problems that had.

Out of curiosity I opened up my RP-2100 and it has more cold solder joints
than I could count. Nice radio but very poor workmanship... I pretty much
think it'll die after a couple years and I'll be resoldering everything.
From a solder joint perspective, I'm suprised it works at all.

Not like my 1959 Royal 1000 that still sports shiny solder joints... what we
used to be able to build here.

Rich

For One and All,
.
If you can find and take a look at the Tecsun Radio Club

Roomhttp://www.tecsun.com.cn/radioclub/images/Pic00029.jpg
(R&D) you will see many old and new Radios there including
thePanasonicRF-2200 Radio.