Old September 15th 07, 05:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Michael Black Michael Black is offline

Default Heathkit Mono-Bander 20 meter Amp?

(Damn ) writes:
A local estate has one to dispose of. I suspect this was a companion
amplifier to the old HW-12-22-32 series monobonand Single Sidebanders.

Has anyone ever seen one of these? We can't find any mention of them
in Heath literature we've looked at.

Is it common or a rare oddidity?

Is there any colector value?

I don't remember seeing anything like that. Heath did make a very
low slung power amplifier, close to the power limit, that had
potential as a mobile amplifier (I can't remember if it was really
intended for such use, but the low size made it more usable there,
and the other Don Miller (of SSTV fame) used one for a while mobile).

But that amplifier covered all the bands (except 160) available at
the time, which was the sixties.

If you don't have an actual Heath number, and haven't actually seen
it, isn't it more likely that the description is garbled?
a multiband amplifier
a non-Heath amplifier
not even an amplifier

Michael VE2BVW