Old September 18th 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Christian Treldal Christian Treldal is offline

Default Questions about a 2m J-pole

Den Tue, 18 Sep 2007 09:00:16 -0700 skrev Tom Corker:

1) Can I use copper tubing instead of aluminium?

Yes 10 or 12mm o.d. plummers coppertubing and fittings makes a great j-
pole

http://www.n7qvc.com/amateur_radio/copper.html

This one works great

2) Are the tube diameters crucial?

No; but for all antennas wider material gives wider bandwith

3) The instructions seem to imply that I can use the longer of the tubes
to mount the antenna. Does this need to be insulated?

yes, mount it on a plastictube from the plummer

4) I'll be using
the 2m band, max power 10 Watts, and a cable run of no more than 20
meters. What sort of cable would be best fro the feeder? (Ideally one
that can be purchased from Maplin:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?...6&MenuName=RF%

20Cable&FromMenu=y&worldid=3&doy=18m9)

RG213 will do, RG58 are too lossy on vhf.
Thanks.

--
Vy73 de OZ1GNN

Christian Treldal