Old September 19th 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Telstar Electronics Telstar Electronics is offline

Default What happened to the SkyWave 2879ABTC?

On Sep 18, 5:30 pm, "AUUDDIIOOO" wrote:
Just wondered on what happened to the Power amp He had.

The SkyWave 2879ABTC was discontinued because of a poor profit margin.
We hated to do it... but with the temperature compensating biasing...
and all the premium components and chassis... it was just too costly
to manufacture. Unlike other companies, we will discontinue a product
before we will cost reduce it to a point that sacrafices quality and
reliability. Sometimes I just go back and look at the photos... just
for old times sake... http://www.telstar-electronics.com/d...9ABTCPhoto.htm
www.telstar-electronics.com