Old November 4th 03, 05:12 AM
Roy Lewallen

Huh?

The stub produces just as much horizontally polarized radiation as the wire.

Run your stub vertical model with an elevation plot, and azimuth angle
of 90 degrees. Click FF Tab. Note the magnitude of the horizontal
component -- roughly -30 dBi. Then repeat with the experimental model
with the single horizontal wire.

As I mentioned in my lengthy posting, the radiation from the stub isn't
a large part of the overall field, and this certainly shows it. But it's
certainly enough to disturb the vertical's current. Exactly the same
thing holds for the straight wire. Common mode current is common mode
current. No magic, no mysterious phenomena "not accounted for" by EZNEC.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Cecil Moore wrote:

And please note that horizontal wire generates lots of horizontally
polarized radiation where there is none for the horizontal stub alone.