Old September 19th 07, 11:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Can you identify this radio? - "Unknown Radio.jpg" 336.4 KBytesyEnc

Dave Moorman wrote:

In article ,
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

I downloaded it months ago, but I'm testing another version of Linux
(Mandiva) right now. I have looked at various versions of Linux for
over 10 years.

I inherited a new computer that my older brother had bought just before
he died, Mike. He had it long enough to install Windows on one
partition and SUSE Linux on the other. I've fired it up a couple of
times but of course have no passwords, so I may have to re-install Linux
to make it usable.

So...I was wondering which version of Linux you liked?

Dave

Like I said, i am trying out Mandiva right now. The Red Hat I tried
a few years ago never did work right.

I will install Unbutu on another computer to try it. I have about 20
repairable computers right now, with no OS because the hard drive
failed, or the previous owner reformatted the hard drive. I want to
compare the different versions side by side, rather than sequentially.

I loaned the computer with Mandiva to a friend who is very computer
illiterate. he loved it, and got a CDROM with Unbutu Linux and
installed it on one of his older computers, and he likes it. There has
been a fair amount of discussion on: news:rec.crafts.metalworking about
different versions of Linux. Check the Google Groups Archives.

http://www.ubuntu.com/ has the full OS free for download, or you can
have them mail you a free bootable CDROM with it.

If you need any help getting the computer up and running, let me
know.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell