Old September 22nd 07, 09:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
gb[_2_] gb[_2_] is offline

Default Ringo ARX-2 vs ARX-2B - What's the deal?

"Kevin Hastings" wrote in message
I bought one of these at a hamfest from a SK's estate and thought it was a
ARX-2 and then noticed the 52" coax harness attached to it and realized
that it was probably a ARX-2B which seems to be the same except for the 3
radials which I guess didn't get sent to the hamfest.

Reviews of these 2 antennas seem to almost use the 2 model numbers
interchangeably so the question is... Is it worth making up a radial
system and taking another 5 feet of mast to re-manufacture this thing into
a ARX-2B?

What would be the advantage? Maybe somebody's used both.

Thanks,- I was sure somebody out there knew this

Kevin VE9-XYZ

You can also order those missing parts directly from Cushcraft.
I would suggest -- before the snow flies -- if you want it up and operating
before winter.

gb