Old September 22nd 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Harold E. Johnson Harold E. Johnson is offline

Default Instrument Case For Transceiver

"charlie" wrote in message
I'm looking for an instrument case for the BITX20A 20m transceiver,
the choices in the regular UK outlets don't look too special. What
I'm looking for is something around 6 inches wide, 8 deep and around
3 inches high (150 x 200 x 70 approx). Something with extruded sides
would fit the bill but it has to be all metal.

I'd appreciate any URLs of suppliers in the UK or US, meanwhile back
to googling

Thanks,

Charlie.

--
M0WYM

Charlie, at the next boot sale coming near you, look for the A/B switch
boxes for switching between printers and serial ports and the like. Some are
roughly the size you're asking about and you just have to make a new front
and rear panel for them. (They ARE steel, and a bear to work with) As an
alternative, I have some extruded Aluminum boxes 1/8 th inch wall that are 6
wide by 8 deep by 1-3/4 high. Open front and back but internal ribs for
sliding in a couple PC boards and tapped on the ends for 4-40 bolts for
holding on front and rear panels. If you can live with the reduced height,
one is yours for the postage.

W4ZCB