Old September 23rd 07, 01:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Uncle Peter Uncle Peter is offline

Default Restoring an old transmitter

"Rick (W-A-one-R-K-T)" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 11:17:43 -0400, Uncle Peter wrote:

It sounds like you want to hear you should take the easy way out.

Good afternoon, Uncle Peter.

I I'm currently working on a DX-40 restoration and I have been advised
strip out all of the components and wiring and rebuild it from scratch
with all new components (where available).

Seems like I was one of the first that responded on thread as well. I don't
remember advising you to strip all of the components and to rebuild it
from scratch.. But, on the other hand, if someone was doing a full
restoration that certainly wouldn't be unheard of. Most of the advice
you received was pretty much on the mark. Again, if you ask
for advice on usenet, I suggest you either develop a thicker skin or
keep a more open mind.

73

Pete