Old September 23rd 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Chuck Harris Chuck Harris is offline

Default Restoring an old transmitter

Rick (W-A-one-R-K-T) wrote:
On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 11:17:43 -0400, Uncle Peter wrote:

It sounds like you want to hear you should take the easy way out.

Good afternoon, Uncle Peter.

I have been on the Internet since before most people knew the Internet
existed, and I have always wondered what it is about Usenet (and Fidonet
and RIME and all those BBS networks that came before the Internet) that
makes people feel compelled to put other people down for no good reason.

Hi Rick,

Communication is a two way street. What appears harsh to a reader might
have seemed harmless to the sender. I have been told that I write mean.
That surprises me, because I am a nice and gentle person. I suspect that
what bothers some people is I work hard to make sure that my posts are as
grammatically and factually correct as I can. That means that I have lots
of details in my posts, and lots of things that might appear as being
condescending.

When you read some one's post or reply, imagine that they aren't trying
to put you down. 99% of the time you will be correct. Imagine that writing
might be a bit challenging. That will also get you another 99%, if school
scores are any indication. Keep your skin thick. That way when someone does
try and make you feel bad, you will be as immune as possible to their bullying.

Uncle Peter is a good guy. I don't think he meant to be rough with you.

-Chuck