Old September 23rd 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Rick (W-A-one-R-K-T) Rick (W-A-one-R-K-T) is offline

Default Restoring an old transmitter

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 20:11:38 -0400, Chuck Harris wrote:

When you read some one's post or reply, imagine that they aren't trying
to put you down. 99% of the time you will be correct. Imagine that
writing might be a bit challenging. That will also get you another 99%,
if school scores are any indication. Keep your skin thick. That way
when someone does try and make you feel bad, you will be as immune as
possible to their bullying.

Uncle Peter is a good guy. I don't think he meant to be rough with you.

Good evening, Chuck.

Yeah, I know... he seems that way most of the time, which is why I kind of
wondered why he felt the need to say what he said. Believe me my skin is
plenty thick :-) ... usually I just ignore things like that, knowing
that's the way things are around here. Every once in a while, though,
something hits me just so and I have to ask myself why in the world so
many people seem to find the need to say on Usenet what they would never
say to someone's face.

It's nothing new. I'm an old Fidonet sysop from the 1980's and people did
the same things back then. Never quite understood it then and don't
really fully understand it now, but yes, it's the way things are, and just
about all the time I just suck it up and move on.

As Pete said in another message, "yes, this is usenet"... as though that
explained everything. Maybe it does.

No big deal. :-)

Thanks...