Old September 23rd 07, 09:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default Speedup NEC-Engine, using multiple CPU-Cores

On 23 Sep, 12:34, wrote:
Has anybody a solution to speedup the NEC-Engine, using multiple CPU-
Cores?
In standard use, only one NEC-Engine is running. The NEC-Engine does
not use multi-threading technique and therefore only one CPU-Core is
running.

Todays computers have multiple cores. Even I am using one with two
cores (Intel Dual-Core). And there are more cores available in the
future (3,4 and more).

My question is, is threre a solution for speeding up the antenna
calculation using NEC2/4-Engine? If not, I plan to code a wrapper NEC-
Engine, that is able to busy all CPU-Cores and merging the results to
one output file. Especially antenna calculation can be easly divided
into multiple parts (eg. radiation pattern division). If there is a
solution, I do not want to reinvent the tire again.

Regards,
Aziz

Way to go Aziz, programmers are not keeping up with machines
available.
You could make a lot of money with that
Art KB9MZ.....XG