Old September 24th 07, 11:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
IBOCcrock IBOCcrock is offline

Default HD TV, HD radio Google trends

On Sep 23, 4:12 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Telamon" wrote in message

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

" wrote:

FYI

http://www.google.com/trends?q=HD+TV...o&ctab=0&hl=en

- Not much excitement overHD radio, except for its downside

That'll upset Edweenie!

Not in the slightest. I don't log onto the internet before I turn on my
radio, and I doubt many people do. HD is a long range proposition, and is
relatively on schedule from our perspective. A lot of parts have to come
together for it to continue growing, like chips that are cheaper and
allow
portables, better HD-2 programming, interesting and useful text streams,
method to measure HD and HD2 channel listening (exists, but will not
finish
rolling gout to top 50 metros for 3 years), etc. In the meantime, about
96%
of all Americans listened to the radio last week.

Yeah. You just keep on dreaming and continue to ignore the power
requirements that new chip sets are not going to fix.

The new chipsets are perfectly capable of running on batteries for
acceptable time periods.- Hide quoted text -

Prove it!