Old September 24th 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] oeguet@gmx.de is offline

Default Speedup NEC-Engine, using multiple CPU-Cores

Hello Roy,

That would be if you're doing finegrained parallelism (e.g. using a
multiprocessor BLAS library. Several of the strategies (dividing it
up by frequency) could actually be done by a reasonably simple shell
script/batch file that fires off the executable on different
processors with different input files. For my own NEC on a Cluster
runs, I've done the separate runs on separate machines and merge the
output files in post processing strategy.

Using Clusters, remembers me to my past university days. Indeed, I
used up to 20-60 personal computers on the computer centre, to compute
a ray-tracing movie. That was in the 90īth.
How do you handle the process communication? And how do you handle the
results?
There are more reasonably possibilities to speed up antenna
calculation and in special case of course optimizing too. The reason,
why I am want to speed up is, that antenna optimizing takes a lot of
time. I am often using the optimizing tool of 4nec2. It is a very nice
feature of 4nec2, to parameterize the antanne elements using
mathematical formulas. Anyone here, using this feature extensiv?
Aziz