Old September 25th 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
[email protected] mcalhoun@ksu.edu is offline

Default Has anyone ever removed an antenna tuner from a radio and...

This may not seem like a "homebrew" question, but it is!

I have a Kenwood 440SAT which is failing, but the AT (Antenna Tuner)
is still working. Since the 440SAT can (could) also be purchased as a
440S (i.e., without the AT), the AT may be a stand-alone "module", and
I'd like to remove it and package it separately to use with a new radio.

I also own a nice crossed-needle VSWR meter, so I don't have to depend
on the one in the 440.

Any suggestions?

--
--Myron A. Calhoun.
Five boxes preserve our freedoms: soap, ballot, witness, jury, and cartridge