Old September 25th 07, 03:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David David is offline

Default Unused NiMH Battery Aging?

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 10:34:03 -0700, Roadie wrote:

On Sep 24, 1:04 pm, Ron Hardin wrote:
I found a 4-pack of Kodak 1800maH AA NiMH batteries that's probably
a couple of years old. They all test out at around 1000maH.

I've had good luck with Kodak NiMH batteries, as to reliability
and power, though mostly the AAA's.

Can this low rating be just from unused aging? I assume the battery
quality is up to standards, since why would these be the only weak ones
among the dozens I have.

Are you using a quick charger? If so, try a slower trickle speed
charger.

Virtually all NiMH chargers use an ''smart'' IC chip.