Old September 25th 07, 03:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Eduardo[_4_] David Eduardo[_4_] is offline

Default HD radio means Half Dead radio

"Steve" wrote in message
ps.com...

The investment in equipment in the top markets is minimal. As I
mentioned,
in LA we spent 10 times as much on the new studio for one morning show as
the HD gear for all 5 of our signals.

That's not what the major stations in the LA market reporting. You
might want to check your facts again.

I was not speaking of other stations. Our station cluster in LA spent about
10 times more on one single broadcast studio than it did to put HD on all 5
of our transmitters. Heck, the studio lights in that studio cost more than
the HD on KRCD.

There was no expenditure on ad time by the HD Alliance. It is all based
on
the value of time on the Alliance stations themselves.- Hide quoted
text -

This is incorrect. The HD Alliance reports that a very large amount of
money was used to purchase ad time.

No, there was no cash spent. Each member committed to giving a certain VALUE
in ad time to HD promotion on its own stations. There is no out of pocket
cost in giving your own time to a particular purpose.