Old September 26th 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
COLIN LAMB COLIN LAMB is offline

Default Xtal calibrator, 1980 ARRL Handbook

Hi Michael:

I know I have seen at least a few circuits, but so far I have not put my
eyeballs on one. I checked QST back to 1950, being distracted a bit when I
came upon the Clipperton Island DXpedition. Also checked a number of Hints
and Kinks.

Even used Google. I found a number of references to them, but no actual
circuit. Although they were used in electronic organs, I know I have seen
crystal calibrator circuits using them.

Shhhhh. Please do not let my wife know that, with bookcases spread out all
over I cannot find the circuit. Her idea is that if I have not looked at
something in the last 15 minutes, I should discard it - even though she
still keeps her old clothes she does not fit into anymore.

And, remember that the neon bulb also makes a nice low current screen
regulator, too. (oh, oh, now someone will ask for that circuit.)

Back to the library,

Colin K7FM