Old September 26th 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
IBOCcrock IBOCcrock is offline

Default RHF - This was bound to happen with Ford

On Sep 26, 1:03 pm, IBOCcrock wrote:
On Sep 26, 12:35 pm, RHF wrote:

On Sep 26, 9:22 am, IBOCcrock wrote:

"Ford to Offer HD Radio on 2008 Vehicles"

"The option will be available for about $279 for standard HD radio, or
$299 for HD radio with iPod compatibility, Sears said. There is no
monthly subscription fee and the installation will take about 30
minutes and cost $40 to $50, he said."

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g...TS4DiajveYQOcg

Very interesting that Ford is not footing the bill for installation
and that installation is done at point-of-sale. Ford is heavily
promoting their new Sync option for the same $350. Still, this is not
good news.

About - FORD SYNC™ { It' Don't "Stink" like IBOC }
TODAY'S DRIVERS DEMAND STAYING CONNECTEDhttp://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=25169

FORD TEAMS UP WITH MICROSOFT TO DELIVER SYNC;
IN-CAR DIGITAL SYSTEM EXCLUSIVE TO FORDhttp://media.ford.com/newsroom/release_display.cfm?release=25168

Ford, Microsoft Introduce Sync for Tech-Savvy Consumershttp://media.ford.com/newsroom/feature_display.cfm?release=24513

- - - By implication Ford Says "NO" to "HD" Radio as OEM
Standard Equipment on their New Cars and Trucks.

I Ask Myself : What IBOC ?
All I See Is The Blinking Blue Light ! ~ RHF
In That Distant Land* Where IBOC Fears To Go :
Life Exists and Radio Listeners Live Beyond the 10mv/m Contour.
* Twain Harte, CA -USA-
.

Why would Ford even say yes to HD Radio as an after-thought - same
with Ford owned Jaguar.- Hide quoted text -

I know that Hyundai and Ford owned Jaguar are doing poorly, so I can
see adding HD Radio out of desperation, but why would Ford proper need
to have anything to do with HD?