Old September 26th 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Steve Steve is offline

Default Question for Tardo

On Sep 26, 4:15 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Sep 26, 3:58 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Stephanie Weil" wrote in message

roups.com...

On Sep 26, 2:38 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:

And one who later went back to college and did fairly well at it.

Which is why David is working at a radio group and the rest of you are
just........neh neh neh.

LOL. I'm not sure most people want to work at the den of insecurity that
is
radio, but what you say is both blunt and to the point.

Are you sure you aren't just projecting your own personal insecurities
onto your profession?

No, radio is relatively insecure because there is no such thing as tenure,
and stations change format and staff quite constantly.

This doesn't distinguish radio from the vast majority of business
endeavors.

Add to that the fact
that progress is generally attained by moving from smaller to bigger
markets, over and over, rather than within a single station, and you have
plenty of instability. Did I mention most programming jobs are also very
ratings-dependent and of limited security?- Hide quoted text -

Things are rough all over, bub. You perform or you take it on the
arches. That's not just radio: it's business.