Old November 4th 03, 04:52 PM
Yuri Blanarovich

However, this is not the
grail we are talking about; and having obtained data does not achieve
a state of grace. This is simply a starting point (and why I harp on
about the remaining data to demonstrate the actual, total current
distribution along the entire radiator). I am sure that my flack
qualifies with something more that being snotty (albeit a higher
quality of snot); but your expectation of submission from those so
impervious to performing any act that used to be the hallmark of our
avocation - well, that expectation is a fantasy.

Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Sorry Richard, this did not applied to you or your postings, more to the
remarks by Reg and Roy picking on "engineers"and ridicule without basis, etc.

I agree with you, I did not do thorough investigation, modeling and
measurements. I experienced something and saw some data and notes by others to
convince me of validity of the effect. Picture of melted Minooka Special is
coming soon, another proof. I will conclude the "case" by putting together
article as mentioned. So far I still welcome any contributions to the subject.
So we have seen heated "theoretical" debates rather than more or "proper"
MEASUREMENTS.

It just kills me that we admit that loading stub shows the difference of
currents in modeling (more digestible situation for software) and then when we
replace the stub with the equivalent inductance (to maintain resonance and
dimensions of the radiator) "they" claim the current will be the same at both
ends of coil and yet magically maintain proper current distribution and
resonance of the antenna? HOW? And toroid coil? IMPOSSIBLE, but W9UCW measured
the same behavior, which jives with reality and what Cecil explains.

I believe W9UCW but I will also do my own measurements, describe them in detail
and see how is that "UNREAL".

I am pursuing this mainly to bring to attention and to maybe get those soft
antenna experts to account for it in their software so we can use it properly
to develop better antennas.

I am an engineer with some real accomplishments and I resent snotty remarks
from some armchair "experts and gurus". Prove me wrong in reality, I will
retract and apologize. Otherwise STFU if you have nothing better to offer
(applies to those with unfounded personal attacks).

Just another question for the GURUs: How does the choke in the form of coiled
coax work? The RF current is the same at both ends? What if you cut that
(proper) choke in half, what is the current at its ends? Same? Model that and
let us know? We know what happens in real life.

Yuri, K3BU.us