Old September 28th 07, 12:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Steve Steve is offline

Default Any SW clock radios for bedside?

On Sep 27, 11:38 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

I do NOT own a TV

So radio is my cheap home entertainment

Does there exist any decent SW based clock radios to
keep near my bed at night to listen to SW programs
while going to sleep and upon wakening?

Any number of the SW portables have time-based "turn on" and can be used as
an alarm clock. I have never had one that turned off by itself, though. I
think there are enough users of these receivers that someone might recommend
one that combines good reception with the features you want.

Universal has a wide range of portables and you might look athttp://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable.htmlor even give them a
call. I travel with the Sony ICF-SW7600GR and it has two timers.

You lied about your education, so why should be believe you when you
say you travel with a 7600GR?