Old September 30th 07, 01:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann Brenda Ann is offline

Default HD radio won't just go away.

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
news
The other way to see this is from the perspective that there are not many
AM (MW) DXers left. The combined IRCA and NRC membership is around or less
than a thousand in North America... compare that to when RaDex was sold at
the news rack at the corner drugstore and DXing was engaged in by
millions.

You DO realize, don't you, that most AMBCB DX'ers (or SWL's for that matter)
do not belong to clubs? That most are not even aware these clubs exist? Do
you think that I cared about clubs when I was lying in the grass when I was
14 listening to Wolfman Jack (or the Grand Ol' Opry on weekends) on my
pocket radio? Do you think that those kids listening to a ball game from a
distant station when they should have been sleeping know or care about DX
clubs? Or the trucker tuning across the dial to find something worth
listening to (hard to do these days when all you got at night is George
Noory)? Only the hardcore DX nerds know or care about DX clubs. Most just
listen for fun or the excitement of hearing something from far away.