Old September 30th 07, 07:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default HD radio won't just go away.

On Sep 29, 6:21 am, SFTV_troy wrote:
Rfburns wrote:
Despite the fact that both the AM and FM versions of HD radio are a
good example of out-of -control technology that nobody really wants,
the FCC has mandated that all broadcasting will be digital.
Therefore, I see no turning back regardless of what the consumer does
or doesn't want or understand.

Switching to digital just makes sense. Digital makes better use of
the limited space available. With digital the FM band would
effectively triple or even quadruple the number of channels on the
dial. (Alternatively Classical FM stations could boost the sound from
2 channel stereo to 5.1 surround.)

That's good for the consumer, and something I'd like to see happen.

As for AM... well to be honest, I don't even care. AM is largely
ignored by myself, since there's little there worth hearing. (Rush
Limbaugh? Michael Medved? Some Liberal Nutjob? Pu-leeze. Not
thanks.) But as long as I'm upgrading my FM to digital, we might as
well bring AM along for the ride, too.

I want to see FM upgraded with three to four times more programs to
choose from.

SFTV_troy are you on d'Eduardo's Pay Roll ?
-or- Work for any of the Companies that Employ Him ?
-or- Work for a Radio Station using his Programming ?