Old September 30th 07, 01:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Steve Steve is offline

Default HD radio won't just go away.

On Sep 30, 3:16 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Telamon" wrote in message

No, only the nutjobs like dxAss and Telamon and Steve refuse to realize
how
radio is used today, and the changes the industry has to make to
survive...
and that said survival will likely not include AM in the long run.

Oh I see I'm a nut job and not a listener. You don't get much right do
you. How do you expect to survive when you are so confused.

You are not a "typical" listener by any means. The term "broad" in
broadcasting is there for a reason, and radio can not nor has it ever been
able to serve very tiny niche listener groups.

But I think you are off the deep end because of your denial of ratings,
inability to see that if there is no listening of conseuence beyond a
certain signal intensity, there must be a truth there, and your idea that
knowing wave and propagation theory is somehow necessary to understanding
that listeners don't tune to weak signals.

The fact is, I speak with real listeners every week, and have a pretty
good
idea what they want today, based on tens of thousands of yearly
interviews.
Here, there are some who seem to have an intimate relationship with their
TenTec and have no idea what real people do, and how stations today have
serve them.

You seem to have a real problem with the fact that I have an RX340.
Sounds like jealousy to me.

No, I think anything over the price of a Drake or AOR is the equivalent of
buying a Bentley. Nice if you can afford it, but not worth the extra $200 k
over a BMW or Benz. I am not saying it is a waste of money if you are very
rich, but I sure would not buy one.

My real point is that even in the DX community such a radio is rare. Among
listeners to commercial stations, so rare as to be freaky.

And I'm not a real listener. Funny man.

No, you are not. You are way to into the subject, albeit woefully
misinformed, to be a "real" listener. Real listeners seldom remember call
letters (unless they are over 50) and round dial positions and don't know
station locations or slogans half the time. Radio is an accompanyment to
other activities, and used like a utility.

Well Bozo. I am a listener and I know what I want and it's not a serving
of your BS.

You might as well give up, as you are not getting what you want from
terrestrial radio. I'm surprised you even engage in off air reception,
anyway.

Ratings wise, radio geeks are like contest pigs... very noisy, but they
contribute nothing to ratings or our livelihood.

The only thing that would demonstrate that anyone in this group is off
the deep end is their having even the slightest inclination to believe
you.