Old September 30th 07, 06:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tom Ring[_2_] Tom Ring[_2_] is offline

Default Looking for groundwave propagation experience on 20m

Bob Bob wrote:
Hi all

snip

Ideas welcome. If however you want to say it "wont work" please back it
up with some maths/calcs or your own direct experiences.

Cheers

Bob VK2YQA

I am able to work 40 to 45 miles from my mobile, using a 20m Hamstick in
the center of the sedan roof, to a friend who is using a ground mounted
vertical made from half a driven element from an old tribander. We are
both running 100W SSB, and the received signal levels are just enough
above the noise level to communicate. The terrain is relatively level,
and the path is from the western Minneapolis suburbs to a town southwest
of Minneapolis.

tom
K0TAR