Old September 30th 07, 07:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Chokes and QRN

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 14:13:38 -0400, "Bill Ogden"
wrote:

I do not sense much of a noise problem with the beam, but I will try a choke
at the feed point sometime.

Hi Bill,

The reason why you would choke or beef up an existing choke for the
beam is as to deepen the nulls that are filled by the 60 foot drop
line that might be radiating/receiving. In a sense, this choking
would lower noise coming in from what should be nulled regions in your
pattern.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC