Old September 30th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bob Bob Bob Bob is offline

Default Looking for groundwave propagation experience on 20m

Many thanks Tom

I can probably extrapolate from those numbers.

I haven't looked at the ISM/HiFER rules/regs but the QRSS type mode
itself is going to be maybe 20-30dB "better" than SSB. I guess I'd be on
par with your numbers at 100-200mW o/p
Cheers Bob

Tom Ring wrote:

I am able to work 40 to 45 miles from my mobile, using a 20m Hamstick in
the center of the sedan roof, to a friend who is using a ground mounted
vertical made from half a driven element from an old tribander. We are
both running 100W SSB, and the received signal levels are just enough
above the noise level to communicate. The terrain is relatively level,
and the path is from the western Minneapolis suburbs to a town southwest
of Minneapolis.

tom
K0TAR