Old September 30th 07, 07:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Steve Steve is offline

Default NOISE ON YOUR AM - here's the solution

On Sep 30, 2:39 pm, SFTV_troy wrote:
On Sep 30, 12:54 pm, Steve wrote:

On Sep 30, 1:22 pm, SFTV_troy wrote:

Just go here and you can listen to your station with crystal clarity:

http://www.knx1070.comhttp://www.kfi...koh.comhttp://...

Your station not listed? Well, let me know and I'll help you find its
website.

DX'ing is still alive and well.
It's just moved to the internet.

Broadcasting is also alive and well on the internet, as the proponents
of HD radio are about to learn....the hard way.

That's fine. I'm not one to stand in the way of progress, and if
Internet Radio turns-out to be the "winner" then I will embrace it.

I'm not so old or calcified in my thinking, that I think there is only
"one correct way" things have to be done.

If HD Radio flops, then it flops, but I'd rather TRY it, then to
continue going down the Analog path which we know is doomed to die.
(AM is all but dead; FM is leaning that way.) HD might save one or
both of them, by adding double or triple the channels across the band,
giving young listeners what they want: more channels/more variety/
more music.

HD is merely an attempt to give an old hag a digital facelift. Get
with the program and accept that change/progress is inevitable. Don't
cling to yesteryear.