Old September 30th 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Eduardo[_4_] David Eduardo[_4_] is offline

Default HD radio won't just go away.

"Steve" wrote in message
ups.com...
Streaming audio certainly isn't DX, but I fully support Wimax and
internet radio because (1) they're going send HD radio into the
dustbin and (2) they don't destroy a huge swath of spectrum. Perhaps
after Wimax results in the commercial death of HD radio we'll get to
see something truly new and truly interesting pop up on MW.

At that point, there will not be AM... the spectrum will be used for
something important, like radio controlled plastic cars from Radio Shack.