Old October 1st 07, 12:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default HD radio won't just go away.

In article . com,
Steve wrote:

On Sep 30, 3:04 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"RHF" wrote in message

ups.com...

Since most 'folks' here are over 50 or around 50 :

No Body Here Listens To You - d'Eduardo ! ~ RHF

You just pointed out something that the engineer who gave a radio club a
tour a few years ago mentioned.... there are no young DXers any more.

That's right. They're all listening to internet radio now.

I'm sure some of it is that there is no appeal of AM at all to young people,
whether they be teens or young adults, so they would not discover AM skip in
any case, But there has to be more to this than just what is on the radio.

A parallel would be the number of people who in the mid to late 80's into
the 90's built their own computers. There were parts places all over,
magazines filled with ads for cases and fans.... now there is nearly
nothing.

Kinda like people who who are wanting to stick with out-of-date
broadcast technologies, like IBOC.

Yeah. That technology is older than I am.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California