Old October 1st 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default HD radio won't just go away.

In article ,
craigm wrote:

SFTV_troy wrote:

Brenda Ann wrote:

some larger (orphaning millions of listeners that don't live inside city
grade contours of broadcast stations, and lose their ability to receive
stations that they were previously easily able to receive)

The analog FM is still there. So too are the websites, so rural
listeners can stream them off the internet. Heck, I listen to
stations in my hometown, and I'm currently 1000 miles away, just via
streaming.

Are you assuming rural America has high speed internet? I live 4 miles
outside city limits and there is no DSL and no cable internet. Do you think
one can adequately stream a decent internet feed over a 28k modem
connection?

You can go satellite with high bit rates. Main downside is high ping
time but that is usually only an issue with on line gaming.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California