Old October 1st 07, 02:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default News Flash - d'Eduardo Admits - HD Radios "Bite Big Time" !

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

wrote in message
ps.com...
Hybrid Digital Radio is a *good* thing.
As good as the internet radio.
As good as the music coming out of my Ipod.
As good as the HDTV that is replacing blurry NTSC.

1) Most internet radio is low bitrate and sounds like hell.
2) I don't know what bitrate you're using on your ipod, but a lot of
people are using 64 or 96 k/b mp3 bitrates that sound like hell warmed
over.
3) "HDTV" is not replacing "blurry NTSC". DTV will do so. Most programming
on DTV is NOT HD, and may never be. It's 480i or 480p, which is supposed
to be the digital equivalent of NTSC, but in reality is loaded with
artifacts and pixelization. True HD does look pretty good, but to date the
stations have nowhere near the useful coverage of their analog
counterparts (people in the sticks can't watch them).

Cable TV penetration is about 68% to 72%, depending how the source
calculates..... satellite TV was at 24% last December, so we have less than
5% to 6% of America that gets off air signals.

There is no pixilation of TV delivered by copper, and very limited breakups
from satellite, usually weather induced.

Oh baby, that's good one. Ha Ha Ha. This certainly is more entertainment
than I expected from Eduardo today.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California