Old October 1st 07, 05:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimlux@earthlink.net is offline

Default Speedup NEC-Engine, using multiple CPU-Cores

On Sep 30, 3:35 pm, wrote:
Good news!

It is really possible, to speed up NEC calculations with CPUs
containing more then one core. I will try to implement a wrapper-
executable, that makes possible with your old NEC-engines (e.g. NEC2).
It need no recompilation of nec engine or any modifications. Just
renaming the old engine and putting the wrapper-engine on the same
directory with the original nec engine file name.

After implementing a new antenna optimizer (that one uses also multi-
core, multi-cpu enhancement), I will start with the wrapper code. I
will test the code with 4nec2, so many of you could take advantage of
multi-cores with 4nec2.

regards,
Aziz

An excellent idea. Arie has already put a decent symbol substitution
processor in, so if you can read the same files, and then farm out the
various symbol values to the processors in a reasonable way, that
would be pretty useful.